Saturday, November 24, 2007


I'm always amazed when celebs lose their baby weight twelve seconds after giving birth. Kate Hudson gained 60 lbs with her kid. Milla Jovovich? 70 lbs. Keri Russell put on 40 which is pretty normal, but it still makes this photo crazy. There was a fascinating article in Parents Magazine chronicling what celeb moms go through to shed the pounds and let me tell you, I couldn't hack it. Kate Hudson worked out two to three hours a day, six to seven days a week, and was restricted to just 1,500 calories per day. Heidi Klum worked out 90 minutes a day and only consumed greens, grains, egg whites, and protein shakes. Of course she had one hell of an incentive to get her body back: she's required to drop her baby weight in one month or she loses her $25 million deal with Victoria's Secret.

Of course there's another option. According to a friend of mine, when she had her C-section her doc asked if she'd like a little "tuck" before stapling her up. She didn't go for it but several of her friends had it done and ended up with US Weekly-worthy abs. Normally I'm not a fan of plastic surgery (pick up this month's Radar magazine if you're similarly obsessed with celebrity augmentation) but if you're already opened up, somehow it seems less wrong. I mean you're totally cheating, but honestly, we've all seen my stomach. Ain't no amount of crunches in the world gonna bring back my abs.

What do you think? If you had the option, would you have it done?

2 comments:

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Naaaah. And I have the twin flap tummy, so I guess that's either saying something about my fear of surgery or my laziness.

Besides, how many of those celeb moms are breastfeeding their kids? How many of them would PREFER to just get the weight off naturally, at a slower pace but can't due to contract issues or roles coming up soon? Besides, they've got whacking loads of money and personal trainers and nannies and housekeepers and personal chefs and the lot. I imagine if I had the same, I would also be able to lose the weight that fast. But I don't see any support staff popping up 'round these here parts!

Every woman needs support staff.

Missy said...

In all honesty if they are offering and it is made part of the sewing me back up process...then yes in all likelihood I would probably take advantage. But only if it was going to be my last baby. Of course I say this after knowing for real how tough it is to get rid of the flap.

A level of shallow I did not know I posessed is now uncovered.