Friday, August 17, 2007

Weird.

I swear, I SWEAR I'll write a real entry tonight (laundry night. I'll need a distraction) but a quick question for those who would know: How can you tell the difference between kicking and gas? I thought I'd been feeling the kid for weeks now but I've suddenly started having a new sensation. The "kicking" used to feel like someone pushing at my innerds - a definite stretchy, slightly ouchy feeling. But these new ones feel more like earthquake-sized tummy rumblings (like I'm really, REALLY hungry) or like large, rolling gas bubbles. They're low - like right above my pubic area - which is why I've been assuming they're gas. (That, along with the fact that I'm officially Stinky McGee. Seriously, stay down-wind folks.) The baby was breech when I went for the electrocardiogram on Monday so it seems like the kicking would be higher, toward my belly button, but he strikes me as a flipper so who knows which way he's facing. Anybody know what I'm describing?

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's out the door I go...

1 comment:

Missy said...

Maybe just general baby movement, he's taking up more space now, and don't forget those arms, legs, and head move too.

I feel that I can speak with some authority on where you will feel kicks when the baby is in the breech position having had some experience in that area. I don't recall feeling more kicks down lower, but man when they would hit the bladder....I can STILL feel that. I bet he is rolling around a lot in there, there is still a lot of room for him to do flips.

Could be gas too, it is just darn hard to tell what is what in this situation. But I always thought movements felt kinda gassy too, or like muscle spasms.