Saturday, August 22, 2009

THE ONE WHERE I TAKE THE PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Me + margarita + husband + ocean + sleeping baby. Add a bag of money and I'm golden.

What is your greatest fear?

Losing my son.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

An inability to laugh at yourself. Cocky ignorance. Undermining. I could go on.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Lack of patience. Cocky ignorance. Undermining. I could go on.

What is your greatest extravagance?

Wasting time.

What is your current state of mind?

Fidgety.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Patience.

On what occasion do you lie?

Whenever anybody asks what I've been up to lately.

What is the quality you most like in a man?

Self-awareness.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Good natured snarkiness.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?

A very well-loved housecat.

What word or phrase do you most overuse?

"Awesome!"

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

My son, of course.

When and where were you happiest?

Lots of happy to choose from... Today I'll go with Edinburgh, strolling alone, early morning, sunshine.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

I haven't even come close yet.

Where would you like to live?

By the ocean. Any ocean.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

Abnormal lab results.

What is your most marked characteristic?

My knowledge of pop culture factoids. And my hair.

What do you most value in your friends?

Their ability to tolerate me, even at my most maddening.

Who are your favorite writers?

You know that episode of The Office where Michael grilled his foot? That guy.

Who are your heroes in real life?

People who do the grunt work without acknowledgement.

What is your greatest regret?

Not liking myself more during adolescence.

What is your motto?

"If you don't ask, you don't get."

How would you like to die?

Preferably leaving behind a trail of money and admirers.

*And just for kicks, the Inside The Actors Studio question:

What is your favorite swear word?

Is calling someone a douche considered swearing?

No comments: