Thursday, December 11, 2008

This is what I think about before I go to bed.

Oh yes, THIS is reassuring...

According to Those In The Know, a biological or nuclear attack is "more likely than not" by 2013. I'm not sure which is more upsetting - the fact that they're pretty sure there's going to be an attack or the use of the word "by". "By" implies "before" which means that they expect it before 2013 which, if my math skills hold, is in 5 years. Sure they keep it broad with the whole "somewhere in the world" b.s. but let's face it, NYC ain't exactly off the list. We might as well be a giant bullseye, we're so easy to hit. Combine the fact that I live on an ISLAND, no car with which to exit said island, and a small child whom I do not wish to see vaporized and you've got a recipe for the panics. We want to move - but where? (And more importantly, what would I do once I got there?) Anybody have emergency bags packed? Those Go Bags the gov'ment keeps telling us to have? I probably ought to get on that... (right after I put together the baby gate for the kitchen. Nuclear, schmuklear. It's like stopping a train with a toothpick trying to keep this kid from eating the cat food.)

6 comments:

Missy said...

I still vote for moving to Lawrence. What do you do there? Hang out with me of course. With this kind of incentive, I don't see how your bags aren't already packed!!

Ali said...

They do have good restaurants...

pursuedbyabear said...

Dude. LA. I am afraid it is the only choice. Venice Beach is the only livable place in LA however.

I remember on 9/11 how we were all trapped on the island, it was so awful. I lived on the street where they loaded the debris from ground zero onto barges to bring out to some dump. All day long there was trucks full of debris, human ash, going past my house, for like a year.

Ali said...

Oh god... No wonder you left. That'd be it for me, no question.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of LA, my little hamlet of Hawthorne (Wiseburn) is VERY livable, good schools too...

pursuedbyabear said...

I've been thinking, and here's the thing, IF you could give up acting pretty much totally, you should move to SF!!! We could play, it is a VERY writer friendly place. THey do have a SMALL commercial market that I bet you could bust into like well... I don't know something that busts into something.... Anyway, Bay Area.