Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What have you got to lose?

After 6 months of bitching about my post-baby bod, I'm issuing a moratorium on feeling schlumpy. Why yes, I do realize that I am issuing this statement while fondling a mug of coffee and a day-old chocolate croissant. NEVERTHELESS! Arrivederci, empire waists. Bye-bye "bye-bye" arms. Starting Saturday, I'm taking back my life! And going back to Weight Watchers! (Wow, no matter how you spin it it's just. so. depressing.) Of course this means I'm on a mission to eat every crappy thing imaginable before Saturday. I think I've got a few more croissants around here somewhere...

I also want to get back to the g-d book I've been working on for (counts fingers). I used to run a writer's group and I totally dug it. It was small, 4 of us total, but it was really good to get opinions that weren't clouded by marital bonds. Anyway, I was thinking of starting it up again. With you. I can't be the only person who's got a half-written manuscript languishing in the bottom of their drawer. I figure it'd be just as easy to run a group over the internet as it was in person; all we'd have to do is email comments. My group was focused on chick lit but I'm open to whatever you want to write. It doesn't even matter if we've never met. (In fact it might be easier to be honest if we haven't.)

Anybody game?

5 comments:

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Maaaaybe!

Hee! *blush*

pursuedbyabear said...

ya I'm in. but I don't know how prompt I will be in my feedback....

Ali said...

Awesome! Now that you've been bold, maybe more will come out of the woodwork...

Missy said...

I have no books in me, the drawer, cupboard, back of the oven or anything like that.

I have however read more chick-lit than I like to admit too, so if you are ever in want of an opinion I am happy to oblige.

Anonymous said...

hey, you know what i did to help stop the cravings for crap. I went to a hypnotherapist. I know, you're saying, "go back to Woodstock, Hippie!" But, it worked. Like magic. Black magic.

As of this morning, I've lost 40 pounds. So, I'm crazy sexy now.

Kpolly