Ah yes, week 32. Down to the single digits, countdown-wise. Some highlights:
- My innie is officially out and proud. I feel like I should hand it a flag.
- While I've somehow managed to dodge those dreaded stretch marks, the varicose veins are here to stay. Dammit.
- Still no linea nigra which is fine by me. That thing freaks me out.
- Possum's in launch position. I look like I'm birthing a missile.
- Looking down, I'm still not sure how this whole thing's gonna work. (I know it stretches but shoulders, people. SHOULDERS.)
Baby swag has begun arriving, which is both glorious and terrifying. It's one thing to get stuff from friends or immediate family (being an only child, presents aren't entirely unusual) but this stuff - "acquaintance gifting", as it were - feels big. Maybe it's because it comes through the mail (or because it's not for me) but the fact that the baby will be here - and soon - is really starting to hit home. We're going to have a kid. One actually lives here. One that I will take care of without getting paid.
Deep breath in...
Finally started Possum's baby book. Because I refuse to spend $90 ($90!) on some fancypants pre-made jobbie, I decided to get crafty and make my own. I printed out my own questions, scribbled down long-winded, vaguely inappropriate stories... I think the kid'll appreciate it when he's older. Or he'll just do what I did and hijack the thing when he's eight and fill in his own answers.
A quick but full-throated shout-out to Miss Amanda for her hilarious (and spot on) take on life as my NPP. Couldn't have described it better myself. (For the record, bloody placenta pics? Why. WHY?)