So here I am, almost through my 33rd week. Six more weeks, my friends. I can't decide if that seems incredibly long or incredibly short...
Highlights of week 33:
- People still love to give me grief about the belly. To whit:
Obnoxious pre-school mommy: "I'm sorry but I think your doctor misdiagnosed you. There's no way you only have one in there. You're never going to make it to December. NEVER."
I know I'm supposed to play along and pretend to be amused, but the patience? She is DONE. My fuse is short, peeps, and it wasn't that long to begin with. This is the time where I should be feeling all mothery and full of love but mostly I'd just like to elbow somebody in the groin.
- Speaking of groin pain, what's up with the groin pain? Apparently my girth is putting pressure on some ligament-y thing (according to the chiropractor) which is what's been causing the excruciating, toe-curling, eyeball-watering pain that I've been experiencing lately. Imagine the worst charlie horse you've ever had, only in your groin, and you'll have some idea what I'm talking about.
- Getting started on our thank you cards. Why do I always come up with ideas that seem simple but end up taking half my life to complete?
- Sleep is getting harder. Ache-ier. I'd give my right ear to sleep on my back.
- Having some unusual cravings, namely oatmeal. I eat bowls. BOWLS! In one sitting! While I realize that binging on oatmeal is about as shocking as petting a cat, having experienced what that amount of oatmeal does to a person's innards... let's just say I do not recommend.
- The crib is still shoved into a corner and the hospital bag isn't even a thought. Probably ought to get on those, huh?