Monday, September 7, 2009

VACATION! BUT FIRST, SOME EARLY MORNING WEIRDNESS

Yesterday as I was walking home, a young guy walked past me and said, "Hi, pretty girl."

Nice, right? Who doesn't love a complement? Especially from someone who's reasonably attractive and not maritally obligated to give you one. Then I noticed something -

He was holding hands with his girlfriend.

(Beat.)

I smiled out of reflex, figuring I must know the guy. Why else would dude break out the Well, hello theres. But nope. Nuh-uh. Just some guy. With his girlfriend. Walking.

Am I the only one thrown by this?

There were no overt signs of douchiness - no backwards baseball cap or "you, me, and girlfriend makes three" eyebrow communique. Maybe I'm just out of the loop and this the new friendly? Hipsters are Pepe LePew-ing their way down Broadway, complementing ladies wearing baggy, laundry day shorts? If so, I need to get out more.

No comments: