Thursday, February 26, 2009

I tend to get hammy and loud when nervous, neither of which translates well to radio.

Sorry I've been so slack but I've been busy getting PUBLIC RADIO FAMOUS! That's right, your fourth favorite blogger will be appearing on the Leonard Lopate Show tomorrow afternoon on WNYC. (Noon EST, for those who care.) I was a winner of Smith Magazine's Six-Word memoir contest and they're bringing the three of us on to tell our stories. I'm pretty hopped up about it. I spent most of the day jigging around the apartment, much to the consternation of our cats.

I'm off to craft my soundbite but will be back soon to tell you how it went. For the record, if I turn into a total dweeb (it'll be LIVE), please be gentle.

6 comments:

Fraulicious said...

I don't think I can get that radio station, but congratulations. That's awesome. Will you post your six word memoir here for us to enjoy! Have fun tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be great!

Unknown said...

That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

I assume Ali can also be heard on-line at WNYC.org or on The Leonard Lopate Show's podcast.

pursuedbyabear said...

You should post the link to the podcast on your blog. Wow. I sound so techie.

Anonymous said...

You sounded great! Neither hammy nor loud.Congrats!

Valerie said...

I heard the podcast! You were great! They moved on too soon though...