Friday, June 13, 2008

Did you know you can buy a beret for a ferret?

This sleep regression bullshit is bullshit and that's all I have to say about that. I will say that the kid is discovering some new and interesting ways to entertain himself while I'm doing my damndest to send the signal that it's still nighttime. Today he spent the bulk of the pre-dawn hours refusing to accept the fact that he is not not allowed to roll onto his stomach while my boob is in his mouth. (Seriously dude. Enough.) Then he discovered the Velcro tabs on his diaper. Not only do they make a really cool, really LOUD noise at 3 am, they also make wiggling out of diapers super easy!

Other effective techniques for staying awake:

- Gnawing on his mother's collarbone
- Zerbeting his mother's arm
- Licking anything
- Shrieking
- Grabbing the cat

There are more, but these are the top hits.

I know this is just a phase. I know I will look back on this and laugh.

When, exactly?

1 comment:

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Umm...call it at the 1 year mark. Maybe. Or two years.

Just don't ask Val.