Halfway through week 34 already?! I swear this kid's gonna be here in a minute and a half.
- So far week 34 is pretty much like week 33, except with less sleep and more yeast infections. I keep waking up in the middle of the night with a tearing, stretching feeling in the skin on the top of my bump. The pulling is so intense it feels like it's actually going to rip. So far no stretch marks but tons of ouch. Any other mamas experience this?
- Gifts have begun arriving, thank you very much! Needless to say, the cards still aren't done. (Along with everything else baby related.)
- The crib is assembled (it has been since we got it, complements of the guy who gave it to us) but the hospital bag is nonexistent. For some reason I can't bring myself to pack it. Partially it's because I'm not sure what I need to bring (feel free to pass along any tips) and partially because it means that I'm actually going to have to birth this little guy. And that's just crazy.
- Trying to hunt down a glider. God I hate those things. Ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly - and yet so comfortable. I hate the thought of spending $400 for something I know we'll be throwing out in two years. I'd normally insist on going the "gently used" route but since gliders tend to be germy places, what with all the spitting up that occurs, I feel compelled to go new. But why, why do they have to be so hideous?
- According to all the pertinent websites, Possum's approximately 5 lbs and 19 inches long now, or roughly the size of a small schnauzer. He's busy putting on some much needed fat which translates into a ravenous mom. My day now consists of breakfast, a pre-lunch snack, lunch, a pre-dinner snack, and dinner, followed by a nightly raiding of the Halloween candy pail. Best not get between me and the refrigerator, that's all I have to say.
- Homeless people love me. I can't pass a homeless person without them shouting words of encouragement. ("Keep a-going, little mama!") It's kind of lovely.