Thursday, July 5, 2007

It's a...

It's official - we know the sex of the baby! While I'm not going to announce it here (I'm such a tease!) it was pretty damn exciting to find out. It took awhile - Possum's umbilical cord was right between the legs - but a little "Wake up, kid" jiggling of the sonogram wand got the legs a'moving. The visit was good - baby's looking swell. Although my stomach is the size of a small state, apparently Possum's size is ideal (heartbeat's strong, two arms, two legs...) Called the husband at 6 am California time to share the news. Alas, he was a little too groggy to do much more than "uh-huh" me but still, an altogether fabulous way to start the day.

Speaking of groggy, I'll be hauling my heiner out of bed at 5 am tomorrow to catch a flight to "sunny" Florida. Although it's supposed to rain all weekend, I refuse to let a little precipitation dampen (ba-da-chi!) my spirits. We're going to be right across the street from the ocean, I've got myself a pregnant lady bathing suit, alls I need is to locate me a place sells virgin daiquiris and I'll be all set. (And don't worry, I know to get up a lot during the flight. Trust me, with my bladder, that won't be an issue.)

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yay for healthy baby!
Did they give you a crotch shot ultrasound picture. They gave us one for #2 and circled the area so you couldn't miss it.

I found it a bit disturbing actually....